Italian Family Festa - Grape Stomp
So popular last year, we're doing it TWICE this year!
WHAT IS A GRAPE STOMP?
It takes a team of two people, one stomper and one swabby. The stomper stands in a barrel full of grapes and crushes out the juice using their bare feet. The swabby stands below the barrel and keeps the juices flowing into the jug. Simple right? Come out and try your feet at becoming named the Italian Family Festa San Jose 2013,
"BRAVA SQUADRA D'UVA”
WHEN: Saturday and Sunday, time TBD
WHERE: Guglielmo Stage
You must sign up for the grape stomp at the IAHF Membership / Info Booth location TBD. Sign up starts at 11:00 a.m. on Saturday for both days, please be sure to sign up early. You must be at the Guglielmo Stage by TBD start time.
NOTE: There is NO pre-Festa sign up.
- The Grape Stomp will consist of a total of 4 heats, each heat will last 1 minute.
- Winners of the first 3 heats will advance to the fourth and final heat to determine the grand prize winner, second and third place.
- Each team will have a barrel filled with equal amounts of grapes.
- Team members who are stomping must use bare feet.
- A mason jar will be used to collect the juice.
- The juice will be measured by our judges.
- The team collecting the most juice in their heat will be the winner.
- First Prize: Magnum of Guglielmo
- Second Prize: Bottle of Guglielmo Wine
- Third Prize: Bottle of Guglielmo Wine
** additional prizes TBD will be award **
There will be towels and water made available for cleaning.